Inkling uses both ultrasonic and infrared technologies that require proper conditions to operate well. The primary factors that can affect its accuracy are:
- Line of sight between the pen sensors (located in the pen tip area starting just below the widest point of the pen) and the receiver
- Stroke speed
- Direct sunlight on the receiver
- Position of the receiver
- Ultrasonic noise, and other “white” noise at certain frequencies
- The smaller the angle between the table and the Inkling, the bigger the offset you’ll see in the recorded file.
- Please ensure that the Inkling receiver is properly attached to the paper sheet or notebook; for best results, insert more than one piece of paper into the receiver clip to prevent accidental movement of the receiver.