I have a Cintiq 16 DTK-1660 since 2019 and I work on photoshop on Windows. I also work on a 5 years old PC
-Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-7400 CPU 3.00HGz
- 16GO RAM
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB
Recently I encountered a problem and I can't find a solution, I don't even know if the problem is my PC, my cintiq or my pen. I only know that the problem is not Adobe. When I draw, my tablet has some random loss of pressure and lines get cut off despite applying the same amount of pressure throughout
I tried to :
- unistall and re download drivers, I even tried to use old drivers to see if the problem is with recent one
- I updated my GC drivers
- I uninstall apps such as Lazy Nezumi because I read that it could create conflicts with pen pressure
- I tried Krita, paint and clip studio paint, the problem is on all of those apps so I guess the problem is not with Adobe
- I changed the pen nib (twice actually)
- when I go on my pen parameters, the pressure comes randomly to 0 which confirmed me that the problem is with the tablet, but when I do a diagnosis it seems to be weardly smooth with no sudden loss of % of pressure, or it is quite rare
- the loss of pressure is not constant, sometimes it's bearable, sometimes every lines get cut off
Is my tablet showing me that she's dying and should I cry? Or is there a solution out there? I'm kind of hopeless right now I read every topics on every forum I don't know what to do.
Thanks for your help
Please sign in to leave a comment.