- This process will remove any Wacom preferences you may have configured. Please ensure you have backed up your preferences before proceeding.
- A restart will be required after installing the driver, please ensure you have closed and saved all your work before following these instructions.
- Make sure you know the username and password of an administrative user account of your computer.
Steps to be followed:
- Disconnect the tablet from the computer.
- Disconnect the USB cable.
- If you are using a Wireless Kit, remove the USB dongle from your computer.
- If your tablet is connected via Bluetooth, ensure that the tablet and the Bluetooth on your computer are turned OFF.
- In the Finder, open the Applications ->Wacom Tablet folder.
- Open the Wacom Tablet Utility.
- Under "Tablet Software", click Uninstall. OS X may ask you for an administrative user account credentials to complete this by clicking the unlock icon at the lower left of the menu.
- Once the software has been removed, restart the computer.
- Download and install the latest driver from:
- To ensure that the installation does not get blocked, please disconnect from the internet and disable the Mac OS firewall, and any additional security software you have installed.
- Important: if you have an Intuos 3 or a 1st generation Cintiq 21UX (DTZ-2100) the latest driver compatible with your tablet is 6.3.15-3:
- Open the downloaded DMG file, run the installer and follow the steps in the installation wizard.
A video tutorial walkthrough of the Driver installation process can also be found here.
- Once the installation is complete, restart the system. Reconnect the tablet after you have logged back in. This does not apply to Wacom Pen Computers.
- Note: Make sure your tablet is connected directly to your computer. Avoid using USB hubs, keyboard/monitor ports or docking stations, as they can cause inconsistent behavior.
- Test your tablet by opening: Wacom Desktop Center => Pen Settings or Apple => System Preferences => Wacom Tablet
- Test all pen and button functionality before restoring any preferences that you may have backed up.
- If your previously saved preferences are not working properly after you restore them, or you start to notice any malfunction, we recommend you reset the preferences again. If everything then works as expected your old preferences file might be corrupt, so you will need to re-create them manually or from an older backup.