- This process will remove any Wacom preferences you may have configured. Please ensure you have backed up your preferences before proceeding.
- A restart will be required after installing the driver, please ensure you have closed and saved all your work before following these instructions.
- Make sure you know the username and password of the administrative user account of your computer.
To reinstall the Wacom driver, follow the steps below:
Note: Wacom Pen Computer owners will need to skip step 1. This applies to Companion 1/ 2 and MobileStudio Pro devices.
- Disconnect the tablet from the computer (Cintiq, Intuos Pro, Intuos and Bamboo users only)
- Disconnect the USB cable.
- If you are using a Wireless Kit, remove the USB dongle from your computer.
- If your tablet is connected via Bluetooth, ensure that the tablet and the Bluetooth on your computer are turned OFF..
- Open the Control Panel => Programs and Features.
- Uninstall any Tablet, Wacom Tablet or Bamboo entries from this list.
- Restart the computer.
- Once the computer has restarted, download and install the latest driver for your device from:
- Important: if you have an Intuos 3 or a 1st generation Cintiq 21UX (DTZ-2100) the latest driver compatible with your tablet is 6.3.15-3:
- To ensure that the installation does not get blocked, please disconnect from the internet and disable the Windows firewall, and any additional security software you have installed.
- Run the downloaded installer and follow the steps.
- Once the installation is complete and the system has performed the automatic restart after the driver installation, reconnect the tablet.
- Note: Make sure your tablet is connected directly to your computer. Avoid using USB hubs, keyboard/monitor ports or docking stations, as they can cause inconsistent behavior. This does not apply to Wacom Pen Computers.
- Test your tablet
- Open the Wacom Tablet properties: => Start => All Programs/All Apps => Wacom/ Wacom Tablet folder => Wacom Preferences/Wacom Tablet Properties. If you receive an error message, please take a screenshot.
- Test all pen and button functionality before restoring any preferences that you may have backed up.
- If your previously saved preferences are not working properly after you restore them, or you start to notice any malfunction, we recommend you reset the preferences again. If everything then works as expected your old preferences file might be corrupt, so you will need to re-create them manually or from an older backup.