This isn’t a sign Ι pro PDF issue: By default, most PDF creators replace any “unusual” fonts with standard fonts to ensure that a PDF isn’t too large, and that it can be read on any computer. To use a specific, non-standard font, while also ensuring that it can be read on all computers, you’ll need to embed the font into the PDF, so that the PDF view is not dependent on the specific fonts that are installed on the computer. The default for sign Ι pro PDF does not embed whole fonts into the PDF, as this may lead to certain fonts not being shown.
To change this default behavior, the settings of the sign Ι pro PDF printer driver needs to be changed as follows:
- Open “Devices and Printers” from the Control Panel
- Right-click on “signpro PDF” and choose “Printing Preferences”
- In the signpro PDF Printing Preferences window go to the “Font” tab
- Make sure that “Embed all used fonts” is selected
- Click “OK” to save the settings
Once you have completed these steps, all fonts used within the original document will be available in the PDF. Please note that embedding the full font will lead to bigger PDF files.