Having no image in your Pen Display can be caused by a few different reasons.
NOTE: The Wacom Driver is not required to get a video signal on your Wacom Display. You should be able to get an image even if the driver is not installed or outdated.
Does the Wacom Pen Display have power?
All Wacom Pen Displays require their own power source. If no power reaches the device, it will not be able to function.
- Make sure the device is connected to the power adapter. Even when not connected to a computer, the unit should be able to turn on once connected to the power adapter. Press the power button and confirm if the Power LED turns ON. Check your device's manual if you are not sure.
- Once connected to a power adapter if the unit does not power on, check the cables and replace them if possible. If that doesn't work, please contact Wacom Customer Support.
- If the device Powers ON properly, the LCD backlight will turn ON and the Wacom logo will be displayed
The display has power, but "no input signal" message is displayed and the device goes to sleep after a while?
If the Power LED is ON, you see the Wacom logo and then a "No Input Signal" message is displayed, this typically means the video signal from your computer is not reaching the Wacom Display.
Make sure the tablet is connected to the computer correctly
- How do I connect my computer to a Wacom Cintiq Pro 13/16?
- How do I connect Wacom Cintiq Pro 16 (2021) with my computer?
- How do I connect my Cintiq 16 (DTK-1660) to my computer?
- How do I connect my Cintiq 22 (DTK-2260) to my computer?
- How do I connect my Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 or 32 to a computer?
- How do I connect my Wacom Cintiq Pro 27 (2022) to my computer?
- How do I connect the Wacom One (DTC133) to a computer?
Test another display cable
- Most current Wacom Pen Displays have detachable cables. Follow the steps in the manual for your tablet to remove the display cable and test with a new display cable.
- Some Wacom Pen Displays like the Wacom One and the Cintiq 16 use proprietary cables. If you suspect your cable is defective, contact Wacom Customer Support.
If you would like to purchase a replacement cable please search for the product references below:
- Wacom One X-Shape cable: ACK44506Z
- Cintiq 16 3-in-1 cable: ACK43912Z
Changing display settings
Once connected to a computer and if "No Input Signal" message is still shown, the issue may be a display setting in the operating system. You will need a second monitor to try the steps below.
- Windows: Right click on the desktop and select “Display Settings”. In display settings, set the option for multiple displays to “extend these displays” and click apply. Once selected if the Cintiq shows under the identified monitors on the top, select the Cintiq and make sure the resolution is set to “Recommended.” If the issue continues, please contact Wacom Customer Support.
- Mac: Open system preferences and select displays. A display window should open on each display. On the main display, un-check the “Mirror these displays.” Next, make sure the resolution for the Cintiq is set to “Best for display.” If the issue continues, please contact Wacom Customer Support.