This message indicates that the driver is installed, but the driver did not respond when communicating to the operating system.
To resolve the issue, please restart your computer. If you receive the same error message, uninstall and reinstall the driver with the current version. Steps to uninstall and reinstall the driver can be found here:
- How do I uninstall and re-install the Wacom driver on Windows for a Pen Tablet, Pen Display, or Pen Computer?
- How do I uninstall and re-install the Wacom driver on Mac OS for a Pen Tablet, Pen Display, or Pen Computer?
On Mac OS 13.* (Ventura) or above, make sure the driver is allowed to run in the background:
- Open Settings > General > Login Items > Allow in the Background and toggle Wacom to ON
- Reboot the operating system
Make sure to run all Windows updates before following these steps to make sure the system is fully up to date.
If the issue continues, please uninstall the tablet driver and restart the computer. After restart, create a new Admin user on the computer, then restart again. Log in under the new user, install the driver, and test the tablet and driver’s functionality. If the issue is resolved with this new account, please migrate your data to this user and only use this new account.
Setting the recovery options of the Wacom service usually helps in case the driver doesn't start up when Windows boots:
- Go to the service management and locate the Wacom Professional service.
- Open the Recovery tab
- Set all 3 failure dropdowns to “Restart service"
- Set the option “Restart service after” to 0 Minutes
- Save and close the service option.
If the steps above did not resolve the issue, please contact Wacom Support using the contact button below.