Before using the Diagnose tool, check the following:
Make sure the latest version of the Wacom Driver for your device is installed. See our Product Resources page: https://www.wacom.com/download
- Make sure the symptoms you are seeing are not already listed here: My pen is lagging, jumping or always drawing without touching the surface. What can I do?
- The steps below are focused on Pen troubleshooting. To diagnose other hardware issues, see the related articles:
Diagnose Pen issues using Wacom Tablet Properties
- Open Wacom Tablet Properties
- If you have more than one device connected to your system, select the device you are using the pen with from the Device list
- Click About
- Click Diagnose
- Hold your pen within 10 mm (0.4 inch) of the surface of the device while watching the Pointing Device Info. You should see a value appear after Proximity, Device Name, Device Type, and Device S/N (serial number).
- Move the pen along the surface of the device. As you move the pen, the X Data and Y Data values should change.
- Press on the surface with the pen tip and then with the eraser. As you are pressing, the Switches and Pressure values should change from approximately 0% to approximately 100% when you are pressing with full pressure.
- Press the tip, eraser, and each pen button, one at a time. When you are pressing each pen button, hold the pen tip slightly above the device surface. As you press each item, the Switches number should change to match these numbers:
NOTE: Pen Side Switch / Eraser configurations may differ depending on the pen model - Example:Pen ModelSideswitchesEraserImage
Pro Pen 2 2 Yes Pro Pen Slim 2 Yes Pro Pen 3D 3 No Intuos / One By Wacom Pen 2 No Wacom One Pen 1 No
- Move the pen from a vertical position toward the right and then toward the left. The X Tilt value should change to approximately +60 when you move to the right. The X Tilt value should change to approximately -60 when you move to the left.
- Move the pen from a vertical position toward the bottom of the device and then toward the top of the device. The Y Tilt value should change to approximately +60 when you move toward the bottom. The Y Tilt value should change to approximately -60 when you move toward the top.
- If you are testing an Art Pen, place the pen tip on the surface of the device and slowly rotate the pen on its axis. The Rotation value should change as you rotate the pen.
- If you are testing an Airbrush, move the fingerwheel forward and backward. The Wheel value should decrease to approximately 0 when the fingerwheel is all the way forward. The Wheel value should increase to approximately 1000 when the fingerwheel is all the way backward.
If the hardware is behaving normally but the pen is still not responding correctly, this is most likely a software issue.
Contact Customer Support
Open the web form from this article - click on "Submit a request" below this article and add all details: